Thursday, March 5, 2015

February 2015 Wrap-Up

Hello, March!  Here are all the books I read in the month of February:

1. The Unfailing Light by Robin Bridges: In this book of the Katerina trilogy, the tsar has decided against Katerina attending medical school in Switzerland.  She is sent back to her old school where she is practically a prisoner, forced to stay there by a powerful spell that is meant to keep all magic out and all magic in.  While The Unfailing Light wasn't as great as the first book in the series, but I enjoyed it anyway!

2. The Morning Star by Robin Bridges: I can't really say much because you need to read the first two books in the Katerina trilogy!  What I can tell you is that I liked this book and I was satisfied with how the series ended!  (As you can see, I liked The Morning Star better than The Unfailing Light.)

3. Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare: This book was wonderful!  I love that Tessa Dare's heroines are always so intelligent and strong and Clio is no exception.  She finally decides to end her long engagement (8 years!) to Piers Brandon, but his brother, Rafe, has something to say about that!

4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: I actually tried to read Outlander 7 years ago when it was recommended to me by a friend.  I remember reading a few chapters, but not being able to get into the book.  Last month, I saw the first episode of Outlander and I fell in love with it.  So, I decided to give the book another try and this time, Outlander did not disappoint!  I recommend both the book and the TV show!

5. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
: Omg...I loved this book!  I flew through These Broken Stars because it was just so amazing.  The dynamic between Lilac and Tarver was fantastic; I loved the growth of both characters as the book progressed.  The plot was entertaining and unlike any other book I have ever read.  I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel, This Shattered World!

6. Misery by Stephen King: This was the first - and only! - book I will ever read by Stephen King.  Usually, horror books do not scare me, but this one creeped me out so bad!  Misery reminded me of the TV show Criminal Minds times infinity - that's how scary it was for me!

7. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas: I freaking love the Throne of Glass series!  Heir of Fire was my favorite of the three books that are already out.  I can't say much without spoiling the first two books, but you need to read them all!

8. The Importance of Being Alice by Katie MacAlister: I really like Katie MacAlister's books because they are funny, quick reads.  This book was everything I hoped it would be.  I don't know anyone else who could write a humorous story about a woman being dumped by her fiance and then stuck on her pre-honeymoon cruise with one of his friends!

9. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd: What an interesting book!  It's been awhile since I've read a dark gothic novel and I enjoyed every minute of The Madman's Daughter.  It was surprising and well-written and the second book in this trilogy is already in my possession!

10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: This is my favorite of the ten books I read this month!  Karou has no family, save for the mythical creatures who give her wishes and hugs and love her unconditionally.  Her life is going great, until black hand prints begin appearing on doorways around the world and Karou comes face-to-face with the creature responsible for this.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone was entertaining and fast-paced and I'm glad that the other two books in this trilogy are already out!

There you have it!  I read some pretty darn good books in February and I can't wait to see what March has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments!