Friday, February 6, 2015

January 2015 Wrap-Up

February is here and it is monthly wrap-up time! I have some pretty awesome books and some not-so-awesome books to talk about today.

1. Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout: JLA has done it again!  I seriously love everything that she writes and this book is no exception.  In Wicked, there is a mystery, gorgeous guy, aka Ren, and a heroine named Ivy, who is about to have her world turned upside down.  If love any of Jennifer's books, then you will love this one, too!

2. I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe: So, this book is a lot of romance with a little mystery thrown in, which I usually like, but I had some trouble really getting into this book.  Basically: clever lady + handsome lord = perfect match.  So, I guess I Adored a Lord wasn't anything great, but it wasn't awful either.

3. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne: In this book, Kyra is a thief who is more than she appears and Tristam is somewhat of a knight-in-shining-armor.  I have to say that I was disappointed by this book.  I had heard some pretty good things about it, but Midnight Thief didn't live up to my expectations.

4. Hereafter by Kate Brian: This is the second book in the Shadowlands series and I really enjoyed it.  I can't go into too much detail because it would ruin the first book, Shadowlands. Basically, Rory, her sister, and her father are the newest arrivals to the island of Juniper Landing and strange things are happening.  I do recommend this series and can't wait to get my hands on the third book!

5. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare: I really enjoyed this collection of short stories about my favorite warlock, Magnus Bane.  The stories were witty and sarcastic, especially what I'd expect from Cassandra Clare.  I enjoyed learning about what makes Magnus tick and why he is the way he is.

6. Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah: What a fantastic book!  I've only read Winter Garden, which made me laugh and cry and want to hug everyone I love.  Magic Hour was the same way; and I want to read more!  This book is a must read if you're a Kristin Hannah fan.

7. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers: This is the final book in the His Fair Assassin trilogy and it was pretty darn good.  Mortal Heart is about Annith, who is impatiently waiting for her chance to leave the covenant and become the assassin she has been training to be all her life.  What Annith encounters along the way changes her for the better.  This series is fantastic!

8. Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover by Sarah MacLean: I feel like I can't tell you too much about this book!  The identity of a certain character in this book has been a secret since the first book in the Rules of Scoundrels series and telling you what Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover is about would ruin the surprise!  However, you won't be disappointed if you read this series!

9. A Little Night Magic by Lucy March: This book is about Olivia, a young woman living in a small town, who finds out that she is magical and that someone wants her dead because of that. I thought this book was entertaining, funny, and a little dark, too.  I recommend it if you're looking for a quick read!

10. Desire by P.T. Michelle: I am a huge Nara and Ethan fan, so I was super excited to read this book!  Desire is the fourth book in the Brightest Kind of Darkness series, which is about Nara and Ethan, who share an intense connection and paranormal/supernatural powers of sorts.  I love these books; they just keep getting better and better!

Feel free to share in the comments below the books you read in the month of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments!